Wednesday 10 February 2016

The Astrologer- Character Modelling Progress

I have started modelling the head of my character for adaptation B. I need to get modelling finished and out of the way quickly as I'm likely to struggle with rigging, skinning and animating. For my adaptation B project I aim to make a short animation. I know that this is ambitious but I feel like I'm really behind with the technical side of this course and to attempt at making a short animation is the best way of learning.


I've been going back to the character modelling tutorials from last term to guide me in making this character. I tried to model it on my own at first, but I found it difficult and it caused the model to be more complicated than it needed to be. That's why I deleted the first model and started again with the tutorials helping me.


To start modelling this character has actually helped me draw him as well. I now have a much clearer image of what he looks like and this will benefit me for when I'm working on concept art and the animatic.


1 comment: