Thursday, 30 April 2015
Wednesday, 29 April 2015
Tuesday, 28 April 2015
This morning I tried to batch render the full bloodstream scene with the camera panning over the stream, and I noticed that the textures on my worms have changed. Not sure what has caused this, though it may have something to do with the UV maps as they seem to be the only thing that has changed in the scene. After this scene was batched rendered I took one more render to see if the textures definitely didn't work, but that single render turned out fine. If anyone has any idea of what's going on please let me know.
Monday, 27 April 2015
This is a render test of the bloodstream scene, which I did to see roughly how long it may take to render my overall animation. This was rendered in Maya software as appose to Mental Ray; this has significantly shortened the render time. This video is four seconds of footage, which is the equivalent of one hundred frames in Maya.
A directional light has been put into the bloodstream scene, however it hardly made a difference as the majority of objects in the scene were textured with shading maps. This meant they were all in block colour and no shading could be seen in the renders. With some help the models texture was changed back to lamberts and the directional light was adjusted to create a more block effect. On my worm character I attempted adding a two tone light angle, but this took away the UV texture map away. So I tried adding the UV map onto the two tone texture but this didn't work, though I might attempt this again.
I went back over the hookworm characters to change the textures on their 'costumes' so that it would match the cartoon style of the character's UV texture maps.
Saturday, 25 April 2015
By using shading maps I'm now trying to create a graphic art style in my Maya sets. Before did that I added a polygon plane to be the blood surface, so it can be coloured separately.
I added the textures for both hookworms on shading maps, as I thought it looks more pop art and in style of my concept art. I'm really pleased with how the hookworms look after being textured, as their texture maps seem to really fit well on them. They now look just how I imagined them when first drawing them.
Friday, 24 April 2015
Before adding light and colour to the bloodstream set, I decided to change the image plane background. I thought I'd experiment with another style, so I looked back over the concept art I have for this project as made a new back drop in Photoshop.
I've created a UV map for each of my worms, though I am slightly apprehensive of how they would look once put onto the models, since I'm not very experienced with UV maps. Creating these maps reminded me a lot of taxidermy, because it was like skinning an animal and laying it out.
|Female worm- UV map|
|Male worm- UV map|