Thursday 28 May 2015

New Character- Cloud the Leopard

This is another character I've been sketching out recently, a clouded leopard called Cloud. (Name may not be very imaginative.)
 Once again this was a good chance for using Photoshop and getting more used to digital artwork as oppose to traditional sketch book work. Not that I don't enjoy traditional drawing and painting, it's just working on Photoshop allows me to create finished work that are uploaded on line clearly.  
 When drawing facial expressions I had a mirror on my desk and pulled the faces I was sketching to reference from. By doing this I could add small details to certain parts of the face to convey different emotions.
 Cloud was based more on a domesticated house cat rather than a wild big cat found in the wild. She's not suppose to have a savage personality, so I didn't look at wild animals for reference. Another reason for basing her on a domesticated pet was because when I first drew sketches of Cloud, she resembled characters from 'The Lion King,' and so she didn't look very original.
 Finally I experimented with this character in Adobe Flash. It's been a while since using this software and took a while getting use to hand drawn animation, but I manage to make this very rough sequence.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! It's awesome to see that you are staying creative and active!
    Cloud looks really adorable and I really like the final sequence : ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I'm really glad you like her. Got some more ideas lined up to be posted :)

      Delete
  2. It's looking great Cat! You should definitely keep working in flash :)

    ReplyDelete