Tuesday 23 September 2014

Esmeralda Thumbnails

Esmeralda is described as a city of water by Calvino. To create thumbnails I tried using an abstract style to help me with ideas for possible concept art. I found that using a spray brush in a light colour gave the effect of city lights in the distance. This gave a lot of my abstract images a city form. Also I chose a colour palette that consisted of blues and greens. I felt if I just used blue it would restrict the atmospheric emotion and cause the images to look very similar.

2 comments:

  1. really like 2 - highly evocative, and 9 too...

    see link!
    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/fao-caa-year-1-space-environment-audio.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving 11, 14 & 15 and the colours look really nice. I think the white highlights give them a sense of movement and flow. :)

    ReplyDelete