Friday 6 March 2015

Animation- Expressing Taste Visually

Animation today was focused about abstraction. As an example we looked at the process of creating the short patterned animations that were used in Pixar's Ratatouille. This animation was to visually express what Remy was tasting at the time. As an exercise we chose a taste and attempted to express it through animation in Flash.  


 I chose to do my animation on gala apples, but I was unsure where to start, so I did a bit of artwork in Photoshop to give me something to work from. I really wanted to express the texture and materiel of the apple, how it splits and brakes when bitten into. I thought of icebergs, shards of ice or glass shattering. Large static movements forming bolts of lightning.


 Short animation complete. The motion has been strongly influenced by electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment