Tuesday 10 March 2015

Life Studies in Photoshop

Here in Photoshop I experimented by painting as a fine artists does but on the computer. This means whenever I made a mistake I did undo it, I went with it and made it part of the result. The first exercise I did was to paint my own hand. This is something that I tend to avoid, as hands are a complex part  of the human body to draw, so it's easy to avoid drawing, which is why I had to do some studies of them.
Next I was given a photograph of some still life objects to paint from. In my opinion this was more difficult, because the composition had to be considered as well as the form, colours and shadows of the objects depicted. Overall I really enjoyed this session in Photoshop, as I wasn't expected to be a digital artist but a fine artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment